Today's recipe is a delicious, creamy Blueberry Frozen Yogurt. It's a bit less sinful than the last recipe and quite a bit less sinful than the post I've got planned for Friday of this week. Sweet plump blueberries in creamy low-fat Greek yogurt could not be a nicer way to end summer, dontcha think?
You will need an ice cream maker for this recipe, but this recipe is really very easy to put together.. Once again, the hardest part is waiting for it to freeze. (Which I think is true for all frozen treats!)
I changed the original recipe very little. It called for full fat Greek yogurt, which I was unable to find. I subbed low-fat yogurt with good results. I imagine it would be wonderful make with full fat yogurt too! The Greek yogurt is great to use because it has less water content, making for less ice crystals when it freezes. I have not tried this recipe with non-fat Greek yogurt, but if you do, let me know what you think!
I used frozen blueberries in this recipe, but I think just about any kind of frozen berry would work too!! Or a combination of several. This recipe is definitely a keeper for me!
Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
A creamy and delicious fruity frozen treat made with the goodness of Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1-12 ounce bag frozen blueberries
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 cups plain 2% milk fat Greek yogurt
- Ice cream maker
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, vanilla, blueberries, juice of lemon, and lemon zest. Turn heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved. Press the berries with the spoon to burst them. Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into a container, and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Once the mixture is well chilled, add to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add in the yogurt and continue to process until well blended.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker, according to manufacturers directions. Once the consistency of soft serve, spoon into container with cover and freeze for several hours.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 2 hrs. 15 mins.
Tags: yogurt, blueberry, Greek, frozen, icecream
Adapted from Food Network
Servings - approx. 8 Serving Size - approx. 1/2 cup Points Plus per Serving - 3 Points+
Calories - 117.2, Total Fat - 1.6g, Carb - 21.2g, Protein - 5.7g, Fiber - 1.4g
Be sure to swing by all of today's Ice Cream Week Participants:
- Roasted Blueberry Milkshake by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cherry Almond Chocolate Ripple Semifreddo by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Pumpkin Gelato with Salted Caramel Swirl by The Redhead Baker
- Salted Butter Pecan Brittle Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Lemon Curd Ice Cream by Life Tastes Good
- Pistachio-Cherry No Churn Ice Cream by The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Blueberry Frozen Yogurt by Renee's Kitchen Adventures
- Raspberry Ripple Buttermilk Gelato by Crumb
- Chocolate Cookies 'n Cream Milkshake by Love and Confections
- Lazy Leftover Fruit Salad Ice Cream by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream by Noshing with the Nolands
- Gluten Free Devil's Food Ice Cream Cake by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Blueberry-Kiwi Lemonade Shake by The Spiffy Cookie
- Caramel Macchiato Soft Serve Ice Cream by Wishes and Dishes
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream by Mind Over Batter
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream by The Gunny Sack
- White Peach Ice Cream with Bourbon Caramel by Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- No Churn Low Carb Peach Ice Cream by Yours and Mine are Ours
- Peach Pit Swirl Ice Cream by Scoop Adventures
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!