Welcome to Day 5 of Ice Cream Week 2014! This year the event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to share some amazing ice cream recipes with you. I hope you belong to a gym. We'll all need it by the end of the week!
I've heard chatter about how wonderful and easy no churn ice cream recipes are, but before this, had never attempted one myself. Apparently, I was missing out, because this stuff is rich and creamy and aside from waiting for it to freeze (a common theme with ice cream, no?) could not be any easier. I loved adding the coffee to this recipe, because I'll be honest, the base is quite sweet and the coffee definitely helped tone that down. Also, don't forget the salt. It helps balance out all the sweet.
I have to admit, this recipe is super rich. I found I could only eat a little of it at a time. I guess not such a bad thing, right? I know this won't be the last time I make no churn ice cream though! The flavor possibilities are endless AND it could not be easier! Make sure you check out all of today's ICW participants below and, if you still haven't entered to win the incredible prize pack below, what are you waiting for??
Caramel Macchiato No Churn Ice Cream
Super rich and creamy caramel coffee flavored ice cream made without an ice cream maker
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 of a 14 oz. can of non-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp. instant powdered espresso (or more to taste)
- 2 tsp. caramel extract
- pinch of salt
- In large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, whole milk, instant powdered espresso, caramel extract and salt. Whisk to combine, making sure the espresso powder has dissolved.
- In another large bowl, with electric mixer, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Pour ice cream into a quart container and put in freezer. Freeze for several hours, or until ice cream is scoopable. (approx 4 hours)
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 4 hrs. 10 mins.
Tags: coffee, caramel, cream, icecream, nochurn, frozen, dessert
Adpated from Allrecipes
Servings - approx. 8 Serving Size - approx. 1/2 cup Points Plus per Serving - 5 Points+
Calories - 176, Total Fat - 11.3g, Carb. - 16.2g, Protein - 2.7g, Fiber - 0g
Be sure to visit all of today's Ice Cream Week Participants:
- Roasted Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Blackberry Peach Ice Cream by Scoop Adventures
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sundaes by The Redhead Baker
- Maple Whisky Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream by Life Tastes Good
- Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream by My Catholic Kitchen
- Coffee Chip No Churn Ice Cream by The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Caramel Macchiato No Churn Ice Cream by Renee's Kitchen Adventures
- Double Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches by Crumb
- Lemon Meringue Pie Ice Cream by Love and Confections
- Snickerdoodle Cinnamon Ice Cream Sandwiches by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches Cream Sandwiches by Gluten Free Crumbley
- No Churn S'mores Ice Cream by The Spiffy Cookie
- Cocoa Pebbles Ice Cream Cake by Wishes and Dishes
- Mocha Mint Milkshake by The Gunny Sack
- No Churn Low Carb Peanut Butter Coffee Ice Cream by Yours and Mine are Ours
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!