It's no secret that I love maple. Just love it. I've posted recipes for Maple Walnut Granola, Maple Walnut Banana Bread with Maple Glaze, and Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple-Balsamic Drizzle, just to name a few. So when LorAnn Oils offered to send members of the OBC14 three flavors to try, and I saw Canadian Maple as one of the choices, I jumped for joy!
Of course, at the time, I had no idea what I'd make! But then I got an idea...
Maple-Bacon Fruit Dip!
I'll be honest, I was not familiar with these oils before I was sent the samples to try. (Disclosure: I was sent product of LorAnn® Oils to try. All opinions and photos are 100% mine.) Most people in the OBC group were very excited to hear we were being offered this product, so I figured I must have been missing out on something good.
And you know what?
I was right! Wow. These super-concentrated oils and bakery emulsions are amazing! Just a little goes a long way in the flavor department. Unlike ordinary extracts, these oils can be used in baking, crafting, and cooking, as well as candy making and added to chocolates without making the chocolate seize! The bakery emulsions are water based, so they are formulated to keep the true flavor even after baking.
This easy Maple-Bacon Fruit Dip is a perfect dip for all the apples coming to season right now. It's sweet and maple-y with the saltiness of bacon which pairs beautifully with fresh apples or those cute mini toaster waffles. I used reduced fat cream cheese and fat free Greek yogurt in the dip to help keep it somewhat figure friendly...
And of course, LorAnn's Canadian Maple oil for tons of maple flavor!
Check out everything LorAnn® has to offer and get your creative wheels turning!
Cook time: 00 hrs. 00 mins.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Maple Bacon Fruit Dip
Maple flavored fruit dip with the saltiness of bacon. Featuring LorAnn® Canadian Maple oil.
- 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Fat free vanilla flavored Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. to 1 tsp. LorAnn® Canadian Maple flavored oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 strips of crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- Assorted cut up apples, shortbread cookies, or mini waffles
- In small bowl, combine softened cream cheese, vanilla Greek yogurt, LorAnn® Canadian Maple flavored oil (start with 1/2 tsp. and increase if stronger maple flavor is desired), and 3/4 cup brown sugar. Mix well to combine.
- Add all but 1 TBS. of crumbled bacon to the dip. Stir to combine. Top the dip with reserved TBS bacon bits.
- Serve with cut up apples, shortbread cookies, mini waffles, or whatever you like.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: dip, maple, LorAnn, bacon, fruit, snack
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!