This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and it's advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PepItUp #CollectiveBias
You'll feel like you are in the Big Easy when you dig into this delicious cheesy dip featuring
Hormel® Pepperoni. It's cheesy, briny, meaty and oh so good!
Seriously though, this dip is addictive! It's so full of things I love and it reminds me of a city I love...New Orleans! If you've ever had the pleasure of sitting along the banks of the Mississippi enjoying a muffuletta purchased from the Central Grocery on Decatur Street in the French Quarter, this dip will take you right back there.
The traditional muffuletta is prepared with a signature olive salad that consists of olive and giardiniera elements, cured meats and provolone and mozarella cheeses served on a Sicilian sesame bread. Like the original, this dip has olive, giardiniera, cured meat (Hormel Pepperoni), and provolone cheese. I served it with some crusty bread slices. It is a taste sensation!
To make the dip, gather up all the ingredients, including Hormel® Pepperoni.
Start by chopping up about a cup of pepperoni.
Add all the ingredients except the chopped parsley to a large bowl and thoroughly combine.
Spread mixture into an oven safe ceramic dish.
Bake in a preheated oven (350 degrees F) until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes, then top with a tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley. Serve with crusty bread or crackers.
If you like saving money ( I mean, who doesn't?) follow this link for a money saving coupon for $1.00 off TWO (2) packages of Hormel® Pepperoni
I'll be making this dip for our NYE celebration this year...and Mardi Gras....and maybe just because! ...Because it tastes so darn good!
Hot Pepperoni Muffuletta Dip
Briny, cheesy, meaty warm dip featuring Hormel® Pepperoni reminiscent of the sandwich made famous by Central Grocery in New Orleans.
- 1 - 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened (I used reduced fat)
- 1 cup Hormel® Pepperoni, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green pimento stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup giardiniera, drained and chopped (find in the grocery store by the pickles)
- 4 oz. provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the parsley.
- Spread mixture into an oven safe dish. Bake in oven for 25 -30 minutes or until dip is hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot with crusty bread or crackers.
Yield: approx. 2-3 cups
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: Pepperoni, dip, muffuletta, olives, appetizer
*This is an indulgent recipe and I will not be sharing nutritional information for it. Enjoy in moderation!
If you like this recipe, you might also like these:
|Creamy Ranch Buffalo Chicken Dip|
|Italian Chicken Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms|
|Easy Pizza Rolls|
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!