This super easy, family pleasing Turkey Taco Pie can be on your dinner table in minutes! Made a little healthier by using lean ground turkey and a little heartier by adding pinto beans and fire-roasted tomatoes! Refrigerated crescent rolls make quick work of the yummy crust!
My family really likes tacos, but honestly, I don't serve them that often. I can't really even say why. When I saw this recipe for Taco Pie, I knew I needed to make it for the troops.
Of course, I couldn't make the recipe as I found it! I bumped up the taco seasoning, added some beans and a can of fire-roasted tomatoes. The result? Perfection!
I really loved that this was so quick and easy to make. The family loved the taste.
You can top this pie however you like: shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomato, sliced black olives, sour cream...the topping possibilities are endless. If you want to use another ground meat, lean ground beef or chicken would totally work too!
This one will be going on the regular dinner rotation. As far as I'm concerned, you can never have too many quick and easy recipes at your fingertips!
Turkey Taco Pie
Easy taco pie made with refrigerated crescent rolls, ground turkey, spices, beans and cheese, then topped with all your favorite taco fixings! Simple weeknight meal idea!
- 1- 8 oz. can refrigerated reduced fat crescent rolls (such as Pillsbury)
- 1.2 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 - 15 oz. can of diced fire-roasted tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1/2 cup canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet of taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- To top the pie: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, black olives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll the crescent dough and separate into triangles. Spray a deep dish 9" pie plate with cooking spray. Place the triangles in the plate to form a crust. Press triangles together and up the sides of the pie plate. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick fry pan, sprayed with cooking spray, brown the onion and ground turkey on med heat, breaking it up as it cooks. Once browned and the onions are translucent, add the can of tomatoes with the juice, beans and taco seasoning. Stir to coat. ( If seems too thick, add a little water to get the right consistency. ) Continue to cook on med heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture over the crust. Top with cheese and bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Top with toppings of your choice and cut into 8 wedges.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.
Tags: Taco, turkey, pie, dinner, easy, pinto beans, tomatoes
Servings - 8 Serving Size - 1/8 of pie Points Plus per Serving - 7 Points+
(calculations for pie only, NO toppings) Calories - 262.2, Total Fat - 12.1g, Carb. - 19.7g, Protein - 19.2g, Fiber - 1.4g
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!