A festive way to say, Happy St. Paddy's Day! Easy cake mix cookies are tinted green and stuffed full of Andes® Creme de Menthe Baking Chips for a minty fun treat!
I always like to celebrate St. Patrick's Day! My usual menu consists of several corned beefs cooking all day in the slow cooker with cabbage and carrots! We also have red potatoes either boiled, roasted or mashed (depending on my mood) and Irish soda bread! It's a feast my family looks forward to all year! The parents come over, too, and we usually celebrate my husband's birthday, since he is a March baby. We don't always get glorious warm spring weather to celebrate with, but halfway through March means spring will soon be getting the upper hand over "Old Man Winter". Winter has been unusually brutal this year for us and so many people...any sign of spring is a welcome sign!
If you haven't made cake mix cookies yet, you really need to give them a try! I've become a real fan of cake mix cookies these days...mostly because I can get really lazy in the kitchen sometimes! Cake mix cookies are so super easy and there is no need to bring butter to room temperature or drag out the electric mixer. Just a few ingredients and you've got some delicious cookies to share! Make sure not to over-bake your cookies! That's the secret to good cake mix cookies...if you only bake them until they look just set, they will be perfect. You know your oven best, so use your instincts as a gauge.
Minty Chip Cake Mix Cookies
Easy and festive green cake mix cookies stuffed full of Andes® Creme de Menthe Baking chips!
- 1 - 15.25 oz. box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- green food coloring
- 2 cups Andes® Creme de Menthe Baking chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silpat liner.
- In large bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter, egg, vanilla extract and as much green food color as you desire. Mix well with a wooden spoon to form a dough. Add in the Andes® Creme de Menthe Baking Chips and stir to combine.
- Form by heaping TBS into balls and place at least 2" apart on prepared baking sheets. Press dough balls down slightly with fingers.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 - 10 minutes or until cookies are JUST SET. Do not over bake! Cookies will firm up as they cool.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 2 - 3 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store covered, in an air tight container.
Yield: about 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
Tags: cookies, cake mix, green, mint, dessert, treat, indulgence
*These cookies are an indulgence and I won't be providing nutritional information for them.
If you like these cake mix cookies, check out my other cake mix cookie recipes!
|Chunky Monkey Cake Mix Cookies|
|Dark Chocolate Cherry Chip Cake Mix Cookies|
|Chocolate Lover's Cake Mix Cookies|
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!