Chipotle Peanut Butter Cookies are a spicy, smokey, salty sweet peanut butter treat! It's a classic peanut butter cookie amped up with Chipotle peppers!
Things are really heating up this week on Sunday Supper! Not the actual temperature, but the heat you get from spices! If you've read my blog for awhile, you will know that I LOVE spicy hot flavors combined with sweet flavors.
I think my love affair with spicy sweet first began when I sampled an Ancho Chile Truffle at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory several years ago. One bite and I was sold! To this day, when I am near a store, I make sure to stop in and treat myself to one perfect spicy sweet truffle!
As I was brainstorming how I was going to insert some heat into my favorite classic peanut butter cookie recipe, I wasn't sure which spice I wanted to use to accomplish that. I toyed with the idea of using sriracha to turn up the heat, as well as cayenne pepper and even a good dose of cinnamon was considered. Ultimately, I ended up settling on Chipotle Chile Powder because of it's fruity undertones and moderate heat level. I knew it would pair nicely with peanut butter.
Adding some Chipotle chile powder to this cookie recipe was the right call! We LOVED these cookies. They start off sweet, but then you get a burst of heat which compliments the peanut butter flavor quite nicely!
I like to use a natural peanut butter without added sugar (I like Smucker's) in this cookie recipe. I feel you get plenty of sugar in the recipe itself and it makes the peanut flavor more prominent in the end product.
Would you eat these spicy, sweet, smokey cookies?
Chipotle Peanut Butter Cookies
The classic peanut butter cookie gets amped up with Chipotle chile peppers!
- 1 1/4 cup natural no sugar added smooth peanut butter (I like Smucker's)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 TBS milk
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 - 2 tsp. ground Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp.fine kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped salted cocktail peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment, use a silpat, or spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, cream peanut butter and butter with electric mixer. Add in the brown sugar, egg, and milk and beat until combined.
- Add 1 to 2 teaspoons ground Chipotle Chile powder. (1 tsp for more mild heat, 2 tsp. to turn it up!) and mix well.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl. Beat into the creamed mixture until just mixed. Add in the chopped peanuts and mix until just combined.
- With a small cookie scoop, measure out dough and roll into balls. Place on prepared cookie sheets about 2" apart. Depress slightly with fingers and cross-hatch with fork dipped into flour.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, or just until set. Do not overbake! Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
Tags: peanut butter, cookie, Chipotle, pepper, dessert, peanuts
Adapted from Cooking on the Front Burner
Thank you to Sarah from The Chef Next Door for hosting this tasty event! Check out what all the #SundaySupper Tastemakers are bringing to the table today!
- Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cajun Shrimp Dip byCooking with Carlee
- Harissa Lamb Meatballs with Herbed Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Hungry Goddess
- Jalapeno Cheddar Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoky Jalapeno Pineapple Salsa by Dash of Evans
- Spicy Apricot Chicken Meatballs by My Life Cookbook
- Spicy Jalapeno Chickpeas by Helpful Homemade
- Spicy Peach Chicken Wings by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Spicy Sugared Cashews by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Peanut Butter Cookies by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Cinnamon Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Mexican Chocolate Pudding by Pies and Plots
- Peppercorn Shortbread by The Finer Cookie
- Spicy Fudge Brownies by The Chef Next Door
- Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Buffalo Chicken & Lentil Stuffed Peppers by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken Karahi (Pakistani Chicken Curry) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers by Feeding Big and more
- Chickpea, lentil and spinach curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Ddukboki (Spicy Stir Fried Rice Cakes) by kimchi MOM
- Devil’s Chicken by Monica’s Table
- East Indian Chard and Lentils by Wholistic Woman
- Fried Chicken with a Kick by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled Chipotle Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Hella-peno Burger by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Pizza by Hardly A Goddess
- Kung Pao Chicken by Palatable Pastime
- Lomo Saltado by Tramplingrose
- Spicy black bean burgers by Simple and Savory
- Spicy Penne all’arrabbiata by She Loves Biscotti
- Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sweet Chili Pork by Cookin’ Mimi
- Tunisian Garlic Chickpea Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Baked Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries by Magnolia Days
- Green Mango Sambal by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Potato Salad with Spicy Picada Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!