This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackToSchoolSimple #CollectiveBias
Re-invent Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches with this fun twist on a classic taste! Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi is a quick, easy and fun way to enjoy your favorite kid-approved flavors for lunch or as an after school snack!
I can't believe a new school year is about to start here next week! This summer, like all summers, just flew by. It seems like the kids just got out of school for the summer yesterday! Although I don't have any small children I'm sending back-to-school this year, I do have a kid heading back to college in two weeks. Since my son will be living off campus this year, I need to stock him up with plenty of food, snacks, and other necessities for college life before we drop him off.
How do I stock up my son for college life before he heads back? I go to my local Giant Eagle! If you are like me and a fan of one-stop-shopping, you need to check out Giant Eagle. They have everything I need to make sure he is set; Food, toiletries, cleaning items, gift cards, easy breakfast options, snacks...Giant Eagle has them all. And, you just can't beat the gas perks I earn while I shop to get him stocked up!
I was happy to find many of the items we had on our list on sale. I mean, who doesn't like to save time AND money? This kid goes through a lot of peanut butter! I plopped 6 jars in the cart since they were on sale!
After shopping, I decided a snack was needed. Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi was a natural choice! It's so fun and easy to make. Take a look at the process below!
I rolled the finished "sushi" in some cinnamon sugar to guild the lily, so-to-speak, but this step is totally optional!
These Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi also make a fun lunch option! Six "sushi" are equal to one complete sandwich. Pair them with some 100% fruit juice, some mini carrots and cuke slices, and a Giant Eagle cheese stick for a fun lunch kids of all ages can enjoy!
For more back-to-school savings and ideas, follow Giant Eagle on Instagram.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi
The classic taste of peanut butter and jelly with a fun new twist.
- 4 slices Scwhebel's® Whole Grain White (or any bread you like)
- 4 TBS Jif®Natural Peanut Butter, creamy, divided (or any peanut butter you like)
- 2 TBS Smucker's® Simply Fruit Spread, any flavor, divided
- 2 TBS cinnamon-sugar (optional)
- Cut crusts off the bread. (TIP! Use the crusts to make breadcrumbs in your food processor)
- With a rolling pin, roll out bread to make it flat.
- To each slice of flattened bread, spread with 1 TBS peanut butter.
- Top each sliced of bread with peanut butter, with 1/2 TBS fruit spread, keeping it toward the middle.
- Roll up the "sushi" into logs. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours to help sushi hold shape when cut.
- Cut each log into three pieces. 6 pieces per serving.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: Peanut butter, jelly, jam, sushi, easy recipe, Giant Eagle, lunch, snack, back-to-school