I'm excited to be partnering with #WeekdaySupper and Workman Publishing for a new cookbook review today! Mad Hungry Famly: 120 Essential Recipes to Feed the Whole Crew by Lucinda Scala Quinn is a gem! This recipe for HamJam Cheddar Puffs is just one of the delicious offerings in this cookbook full of easy, yet satisfying, recipes anyone can make for their family.
Lucinda Scala Quinn is the author of 4 cookbooks and appears regularly on both morning television and QVC with her top-selling Mad Hungry Kitchenware line. She is the former senior vice president and executive editorial director of food and entertaining at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and the host of her own television show, Mad Hungry: Bringing Back the Family Meal.
Her latest cookbook in the Mad Hungry Family series is this cookbook. It is the “you-can-do-this” handbook every home cook needs. It's a collection of her tried and true favorite recipes. Those recipes that have all the no-fuss, big-flavor recipes that send her family stampeding to the kitchen table! (Look to the bottom of this post for more recipes from this cookbook and a chance to WIN A COPY FOR YOURSELF!)
These HamJam Cheddar Puffs could not be any easier to make and they are full of that "big-flavor" Scala Quinn is known for. We had these little delights for lunch one day, but wouldn't they be great as an appetizer on your holiday menu this year? Or how about a way to re-purpose some of that leftover holiday ham?
I'd even eat these for breakfast!
These tastly little bites start off with store-bought puff pastry dough. If you've never worked with puff pastry before, you are in for a surprise. It's incredibly easy to work with and puffs to the most delightful, buttery, flaky vessel for the ham, jam and cheddar! These little bites are a little sweet, a little savory, and a whole lot delicious.
Lucinda Scala Quinn says her favorite jam flavor to use in this recipe is apricot, and that is what I used too. However, in the book, she gives you permission to use any flavor jam you like. I think these would be incredible with pineapple preserves! What do you think?
Make sure you check out all the recipes from this cookbook and enter to WIN a copy of this essential cookbook of your own below! Just keep scrolling...
For more information on Lucinda Scala Quinn and Mad Hungry Family:
- Read the interview with the author of Mad Hungry Family on Sunday Supper Movement
- Visit the Mad Hungry Family via Workman Publishing and Mad Hungry Family websites
- Follow the author on her social sites: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
HamJam Cheddar Puffs
Easy-to-make savory-sweet snacks or appetizers made with frozen puff-pastry dough, tangy mustard, sharp cheddar cheese, ham and a sweet jam flavor of your choice.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed according to package instructions
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 5 ounces ham, cut into 18 matchsticks (about ¼ inch wide by 3 inches long)
- 1/3 cup favorite jam (I like apricot)
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF with the rack in the center position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, foil, or a silicone baking pad.
- Roll out the puff pastry to a 12-inch square. Brush the mustard over the entire surface of the pastry and sprinkle with the cheese and pepper. Cut the dough into thirds and then into thirds again to make 9 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally to make 18 triangles.
- Place a piece of ham on the lower third of each triangle, add a small spoonful
of jam, and roll up. Place each bundle seam side down on the lined baking sheet. Whisk together the egg and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Brush each bundle with egg wash and bake until golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes. Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 28 mins.
*Recipe used with permission from Workman Publishing Company
Make sure you visit all the delicious Mad Hungry Family recipes and reviews:
- Monday, November 14 – Straight-Talk Turkey – Family Foodie
- Tuesday, November 15 – HamJam Cheddar Puffs – Renee’s Kitchen Adventures (above)
- Wednesday, November 16 – Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers – Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Thursday, November 17 – Squash Gnocchi with Sage Butter – Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Friday, November 18 – Thanksgiving Leftover Pie – Meal Planning Magic
- Monday, November 21 – Fig and Pancetta Stuffing – My Life Cookbook
- Tuesday, November 22 – Yorkshire Pudding – A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Wednesday, November 23 – Buttery Spiced Poached Pears – April Golightly
- Thursday, November 24 – Upside-down Apple Tart – Alida’s Kitchen
- Friday, November 25 – Princely Potatoes – Crazed Mom
Win a copy of Mad Hungry Family courtesy of #WeekdaySupper and Workman Publishing!!! Enter via the rafflecopter below. 😃
(Contest terms and conditions are listed in the rafflecopter box.)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This post is sponsored by Workman Publishing Company in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
MORE BITE-SIZED NOSHES!
|Easy Cucumber Hummus Cups|
|Sweet n' Crunchy Chicken Nuggets with Spicy Mustard Dip|
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!