This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SandwichWithTheBest #CollectiveBias
Reminiscent of tea sandwiches, these Ham, Cucumber and Watercress Sandwiches make a great quick lunch or dinner. They're crafted from three of my favorite products: Pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain Oatmeal Bread, Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham lunch meat, and Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise. They're a taste of spring!
As the weather gets warmer and the days get longer, it's the time of year when I start thinking about enjoying a great sandwich full of fresh and flavorful ingredients for a quick lunch or dinner. My husband is content with a sandwich made with two ingredients...bread and lunch meat. But for me, that is just not a sandwich! I'm all about different flavors and textures, and these Ham, Cucumber and Watercress Sandwiches are one of my favorite combinations!
What makes a great sandwich?
A great sandwich starts with a great bread like Pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain Oatmeal Bread. Double wrapped for freshness, Pepperidge Farm breads are slow baked with wholesome flavorful ingredients for a fresh from the oven taste. This line of breads finds their way into my shopping cart every week because my family loves the taste. They also make the perfect canvas for a great sandwich!
A great sandwich also needs a flavorful spread. That's where Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise comes in. You will always find Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise in my refrigerator because it is the only brand of mayonnaise I buy. I'm not surprised that it's America’s #1 mayonnaise. It's made with real, simple ingredients: eggs, oil and vinegar. That's why it has amazing flavor. You can even spread it on the outside of your bread to make a grilled sandwich! For these Ham, Cucumber and Watercress Sandwiches, I've pimped up Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise with fresh snipped chives for a burst of spring flavor.
A sandwich is not a great sandwich without a great filling. Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham lunch meat is one of the best tasting pre-packaged lunch meat I have found on the market. And, it makes a great filling for these Ham, Cucumber and Watercress Sandwiches. It's slow roasted for hours and hours then sliced ultra thin. It's also double sealed for freshness and convenience.
Lastly, a great sandwich needs crunch factor. That's where the crisp cucumber slices and the peppery watercress comes into play. Can't find watercress? No worries, Arugula can stand in as a substitute.
These sandwiches come together in a few simple steps:
- Spread the chive mayonnaise on the bread.
- Layer the filling ingredients.
- Close the sandwich.
What ingredients do you use to make a great sandwich?
Cook time: 00 hrs. 00 mins.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Ham, Cucumber and Watercress Sandwiches
A light and delicious sandwich reminiscent of a classic tea party sandwich featuring ham, cucumber, chive mayonnaise, and watercress on soft whole-grain bread.
- 4 oz. Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham lunch meat, divided
- 4 slices Pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain Oatmeal Bread
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 TBS chopped fresh chives
- 18 thin English cucumber slices (I used a mandolin to get thin slices)
- 2 cups fresh watercress (can substitute arugula)
- In a small bowl, combine Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise and chives. Set aside.
- Spread about 1TBS of the chive mayonnaise on one side of each slice of Pepperidge Farm Whole Grain Oatmeal Bread.
- Top 2 slices of the bread, mayonnaise side up, with 2 oz. of Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham lunch meat on each slice, followed by 9 thin cucumber slices, and 1 cup of watercress (or arugula).
- Top the watercress (or arugula) with the remaining pieces of bread, mayonnaise side to watercress to create sandwich.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 5 mins.
Find everything you need to make these delicious sandwiches at your local Walmart!
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!