Spiced Pumpkin Bread is so moist and flavorful, it's not just another pumpkin bread recipe....it is THE pumpkin bread recipe! Spicy, sweet and unmistakably FALL.
By now you've probably seen a gazillion things "pumpkin" flavored. It is, after all, the season of "All-Things-Pumpkin". From the beloved PSL at Starbucks to pumpkin flavored breakfast cereal pumpkin is EVERYWHERE!
This wonderful bread is a way to celebrate pumpkin in your own home. Even the novice baker can put this together with great results! I love quick breads because they are not only easy, but they can take on many rolls. Not quite a bread or a cake, a slice can be a yummy breakfast treat, a nice dessert or a delicious afternoon snack. The bonus when you make this recipe is that your house will smell AMAZING while it is baking!
My favorite thing about this quick bread? The spices!! Specifically... the fresh ground black pepper!! Yup, that's right. The addition of black pepper is amazing in this bread and does not overpower it. It just adds that certain "something" extra! It is also dotted with plump and juicy golden raisins, but if you aren't a raisin fan...it's still delicious without.
As always, with quick breads, less is more. Be sure you don't over mix the batter for best results.
I sent this bread with my husband to work, and he said they just inhaled it. Haha
I enjoyed my slice with a smear of pumpkin butter!! Why not?
If you have only one thing pumpkin flavored this season, make it this delicious bread! You will be glad you did!
How will you enjoy your slice? Smeared with pumpkin butter or just plain?
Spiced Pumpkin Bread
Moist and flavorful spiced pumpkin quick bread dotted with sweet plump raisins. A Fall favorite!
- 1- 1/2 cups pure pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour or line pan with parchment or non-stick foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla extract with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add dry to wet ingredient and stir until just combined. Fold in raisins and pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until a pick inserted into center comes out clean. Allow to sit in loaf pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
Yield: 16 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 10 mins.
Tags: Pumpkin, quick bread, dessert, spices, raisins, breakfast
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!
Check out A Guide to Apples plus Best Fall Recipes Ideas for #SundaySupper and this week's recipe collection:
- Apple-Currant Dutch Baby Pancake by The Weekend Gourmet
- Apple Swirled Pumpkin Yeast Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread by Party Food and Entertaining
- Giant Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tart by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Butternut Squash, Cauliflower and Cabbage Soup with Lentils by Monica's Table
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins by Pancake Warriors
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Love and Confections
- Roasted Veggie Tart by Books n’ Cooks
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Roasted Veggies & Couscous by Momma’s Meals
- Butternut Squash Lentil Curry Soup by Food Done Light
- Curry Beef Pies by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Fantasy Rice by The Petit Gourmet
- King Prawns in Red Sauce – Mauritian Style Creole Sauce by Peachy Tales
- Pasta with Creamy Butternut & Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Pork Chops with Apple Dijon Sauce and Arugula Salad by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pork Chops with Glazed Apples and Vegetables by The Complete Savorist
- Quinoa and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash by Feeding Big and More
- Roasted Tomato Soup with Bacon/Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich by A Gouda Life
- Salt Roasted Salmon over Roasted Butternut & Yam Soup by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Delicata Squash and Olives by Foodie Tots
- Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Sweet Potato Alfredo Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Thai Curry Pumpkin Soup by Eating in Instead
- Whole Roasted Chicken with Vegetables by Life Tastes Good
- Apfelkuchen by Curious Cuisiniere
- Applesauce Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Swirls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Gingersnap Refrigerator Dessert by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Autumn Bellini by An Appealing Plan
- Autumn Spice Cookies by Desserts Required
- Caramel Apple Napoleons by The Crumby Cupcake
- Caramel Apple Pie Bundles by The Freshman Cook
- Caramel Apple Streusel Muffins by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Swirl Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesecake Swirl Pumpkin Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chestnut and Pear Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Dark Chocolate-Espresso Pumpkin Tiramisu by Brunch with Joy
- Dutch Apple Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Butterscotch Drizzle by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pumpkin Chocolate Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pumpkin Crisp by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake by Flour On My Face
- Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Pears by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Pear Cake by Simply Healthy Family
- Spiced Pumpkin Bread by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Sweet Apple Skillet Cake by Nosh My Way