Ham and Swiss Deviled Eggs are a twist on a classic. I've taken one of my favorite sandwich combinations and transformed it into a zesty deviled egg! The saltiness of the ham and the creaminess of the Swiss cheese make this appetizer irresistible.Cook time: 00 hrs. 00 mins.
This week's Sunday Supper theme is "Eggtastic Recipes" and I'm super excited about it because I love eggs! Eggs have taken the heat over the years for their fat content and high cholesterol levels, but they are making a comeback as a naturally highly nutritious food, and I'm loving that!
Eggs are extremely versatile! You can have eggs for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even as a snack! You can enjoy them simply as they are, or you can dress them up! They are an essential component of many baked goods and help bind meats together in dishes like meatballs and meatloaf. And that is only the tip of the iceberg! They truly are EGGTASTIC!
I LOVE deviled eggs! If you've read my blog for awhile, you will know that I have a sort of love affair with deviled eggs. In my Heavenly Deviled Eggs, some of the yolk mixture is replaced with cauliflower puree for a deviled egg that is lighter on calories! My Sriracha Deviled Eggs with Candied Jalapeno take on a zesty flavor profile that is out of this world and my Pickled Red Onion Deviled Eggs are always a crowd pleaser! Today I'm sharing these delectable Ham and Swiss Deviled Eggs that get their flavor profile from one of my favorite sandwich combinations.
The ham in the filling of these eggs adds a little saltiness and the horseradish, if you decide to add it, adds a little zippiness. It's a great combination! These deviled eggs would make a wonderful addition to your holiday Easter table this year! Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Ham and Swiss Deviled Eggs
A twist on the classic deviled egg with the flavors of salty ham and creamy Swiss cheese.
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 wedge of creamy Swiss spreadable cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (I like to use the kind with olive oil)
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. prepared horseradish (optional)
- 2 oz. deli ham, finely chopped (reserve a few pieces for garnish)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 TBS shredded Swiss cheese, for garnish
- smoked paprika, for garnish, if desired
- Cut eggs in half long ways. Scoop out yolks and place into food processor fitted with blade. Place the egg white "shells" on a serving platter.
- To the yolks, add the spreadable cheese wedge, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, cider vinegar, horseradish and deli ham. Process until smooth. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Add more vinegar, if needed to make mixture smooth.
- Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg whites. Top with reserved ham and shredded Swiss cheese, then sprinkle with smoked paprika.
Yield: 24 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: eggs, appetizer, cheese, ham, pork, Sunday Supper
Many thanks to Wendy from Wholistic Woman for hosting this tasty event! Make sure you check out all the Eggtastic recipes the Sunday Supper Tastemakers have brought to the table today!
Appetizers & Sides
- Classic Deviled Eggs from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Classic Deviled Eggs(-alad Sandwiches) from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Easter Deviled Egg Chicks from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Momma’s Meals
- Ham and Swiss Deviled Eggs from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Hrudka – Ukrainian Egg Cheese for Easter from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeño Popper Deviled Eggs from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoky Deviled Bacon And Eggs from Taste And See
- Spicy Sriracha Deviled Eggs from An Appealing Plan
- Achiote Pulled Pork and Black Bean Huevos Rancheros from Cooking on The Ranch
- Asparagus Sausage Skillet with Egg from Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Chilaquiles from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Baked Eggs in Cream from Tramplingrose
- Baked Scotch Eggs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Chorizo, Dubliner, and Vegetable Quiche from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Classic Egg Salad Sandwich from My Imperfect Kitchen
- Classic Shirred Eggs with Gruyere and Ham from The Weekend Gourmet
- Egg Biryani from Food Lust People Love
- Fri-Tot-Ta from Feeding Big
- Hashbrown Egg Nests from The TipToe Fairy
- Italian Style Stuffed Bread from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Jalapeño Popper Quiche from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Japanese Egg Crepes (Kinshi Tamago) from NinjaBaker.com
- Low Carb Breakfast Pizza from My Life Cookbook
- Make Ahead & Freeze Omelette Cups from Hardly A Goddess
- Mediterranean Frittata from A Mind “Full” Mom
- Mini Frittata with Asparagus and Six Italian Cheeses from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Papas con Huevos (Potato and Egg Tacos) from Kitchen Gidget
- Pasta Carbonara with Shrimp and Leeks from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Poached Eggs over Roasted Asparagus from Monica’s Table
- Potato, Egg and Cheese Scramble from And She Cooks
- Spaghetti with Fried Eggs from The Texan New Yorker
- Steak Benedict from Palatable Pastime
- Steak Omelette from From Gate to Plate
- Sun-dried Tomato and Spinach Quiche from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sunny Side Up Burger from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tex-Mex Migas from Caroline’s Cooking
- Toad in the Hole Breakfast Sandwiches from Daily Dish Recipes
- Tomato Asiago Frittata from Books n’ Cooks
- Yemeni Shakshouka (Yemeni Spiced Scrambled Eggs) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Creamy Flan from The Freshman Cook
- Creme Anglaise from The Redhead Baker
- Croquembouche from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Dark Chocolate Mousse from The Chef Next Door
- Orange Coconut Bundt Cake from Desserts Required
- Pavlova with Strawberry Curd from Love and Confections
- Pistachio Chai Baked Alaska from The Crumby Cupcake
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies from Pies and Plots
- Plus Curried Egg Salad on Toasted Naan and More Eggtastic Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!