Enjoy the tastes of the season with these easy-to-make Pumpkin Spice Crumb Bars. Real pumpkin filling is nestled between buttery crusts for a great accompaniment to that afternoon cup of coffee or a sweet finish to any Fall meal.
Pumpkin Spice is the New Black!
Have you noticed? Pumpkin spice is EVERYWHERE you look these days! I have seen so many foods sporting this fall flavor this year, it's crazy! Can you believe, I saw Pumpkin Spiced Bacon at the market last weekend!? (If you follow me on Instagram, you saw it too!) No, I didn't buy any to try, but I was pretty intrigued by the idea. However, I think I'm going to stick to sweet treats for my pumpkin spice fix. This easy dessert is a perfect way to enjoy this popular seasonal flavor.
It's really much more like a bar cookie, than a cake-like dessert, and with the help of your food processor, could not be any easier to make! But, you don't need a food processor to make this recipe. The butter can be cut in by hand with a pastry blender if you so choose. I just prefer the food processor when I make this type of recipe, because I find it really cuts down on the work! Sprinkle your finished bars with some powdered sugar for a sweet finish, or just leave them as they are. Both ways are delicious!
If you don't try anything else Pumpkin Spiced flavor this season, you have to at least give this recipe a try! These cookie-bars would make a great addition to your holiday menu this year too!
Pumpkin Spice Crumb Bars
Real Pumpkin filling flavored with brown sugar and pumpkin pie spices then nestled between buttery crumb crusts
- 1 1/2 cups pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed, COLD
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8” x 8” baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper that overlaps two sides (for easy removal)
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a large food processor, add the flour, granulated sugar, salt, and baking powder. Pulse a few times to mix. With food processor running, drizzle in egg and process until incorporated into the flour. (Mixture will look dry)
- Add in COLD, cubed butter. Pulse several times to cut in butter until butter is around the size of peas
- Pat half the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Carefully spread the pumpkin mixture on top of the crust. Top the pumpkin mixture with the remaining crust mixture and press down slightly.
- Bake in oven for 40-45 min or until crust is browned.
- Cool completely. Cut into 9 pieces. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 55 mins.
Adapted from Allrecipes
More delicious ways to enjoy Pumpkin Spice!
|Spiced Pumpkin Bread|
|Pumpkin Spice Buttermilk Waffles|