Alaskan Pollock Burgers with Spicy Orange-Ginger Slaw need to get on your menu today! Summertime means grilling and grilling means burgers. Try something different this season and swap your usual burgers for tasty Trident Seafoods® Wild Alaskan Pollock Burgers topped with a spicy orange-ginger slaw for a whole new taste sensation.
I've been a huge fan of Trident Seafood® frozen products for quite a while now, so when I spotted new-to-me Trident Seafood® Wild Alaskan Pollock Burgers 3 pound bag at Costco the other day, I immediately put it in my shopping cart. I didn't hesitate, because I love Trident Seafood® quality and taste. I was not disappointed in this product either!
Trident Seafood® Wild Alaskan Pollock Burgers make a wholesome and delicious alternative to your regular burger routine. They have a mild taste, similar to cod, and are mildly seasoned so they go with just about any topping you like! They are naturally packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, which have been proven to have many health benefits. They are super quick and easy to prepare (you can cook them from the frozen state! No thawing needed!). And the best part? They taste so good that even my self-proclaimed "fish-hater" son loved this burger!
I decided to grill these Trident Seafood® Wild Alaskan Pollack Burgers for this recipe, however, they can also easily be prepared in the oven or on the stove-top. I was able to cook these burgers straight from the freezer to the grill, which in my book, is always a bonus! Believe it or not, I don't always meal plan, so the fact that I can have a great dinner on the table in no time is priceless to me!
We are a big fans of Asian flavors in this house, so I made a quick Spicy Orange-Ginger Slaw to top the burgers while my husband was manning the grill.
I started by whisking some orange juice with rice wine vinegar, fresh grated ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, orange zest, honey, gochujang (Korean red chili paste), salt and pepper, and olive oil to dress the slaw with.
Then I just opened a bag of pre-shredded cole slaw mix (the kind with cabbage and carrots) and put it on top of the dressing. I also added plenty of fresh cilantro, some finely sliced red jalapeno pepper (you can use green if you can't find red) and green onion...
And I just tossed it altogether and let it sit while the burgers finished cooking.
I toasted up some sesame seed buns and added the grilled burgers to the bun bottoms, then piled the slaw up onto the burger for a delicious, light summer meal everyone enjoyed!
Keep up to date with everything Trident Seafood® has to offer by checking out their social sites!
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Alaskan Pollock Burgers with Spicy Orange-Ginger Slaw
Mild Alaskan Pollock Burgers are topped with a sweet and spicy orange-ginger slaw for a quick and easy meal everyone will enjoy!
- For the Slaw:
- 1 package of pre-shredded cole slaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 2 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 TBS honey
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. Gochujang paste (Korean red chili paste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 red jalapeno, thinly sliced (you can use green if you like)
- 1 green onion. white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 TBS toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 6 Trident Seafood® Wild Alaskan Pollock Burgers, cooked
- 6 Sesame Seed buns, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, orange zest, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, honey, and Gochujang paste. Drizzle in olive oil while whisking to make a vinaigrette. Taste for salt and pepper, and add as needed.
- Add the bag of pre-shredded cole slaw mix cilantro. jalpeno, and green onion to the vinaigrette. Toss to coat. Add in sesame seeds, if using, and toss again. Set aside.
- To each toasted sesame seed bun bottom, add a cooked Alaskan Pollock Burger and top the burger with a heaping spoonful of the slaw mixture. Add the top of the bun. Serve immediately. You will probably have some extra slaw left over, serve on the side at another meal.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.
Tags: fish, burgers, Alaskan Pollock, grill, slaw, Orange, ginger, cabbage, soy, Asian
Will you dare to #Swapyourburger and win some fabulous prizes?
Dare To #Swapyourburger #Contest