This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and it's advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias
With only a week and a handful of days away from October 31st, I've got a super fun, kinda creepy Halloween snack idea for you! Brainy Blue Cheese and Bacon Dip for Wheat Thins!
I can't take credit for the "brain bowl" idea though. I found that idea in the latest edition of Allrecipes magazine, but the dip recipe is 100% my own! My family has had a love affair with Spicy Buffalo Flavored Wheat thins ever since they hit the market. Blue Cheese and Bacon Dip compliments the spicy crackers just right. The tangy blue cheese cools off the bite of the cracker perfectly. Wheat thins are also hearty enough to stand up to the thickness of this dip! The thick dip is perfect for the "brain" bowl, as it sits nicely on top without oozing down the sides.
I always make my way to Walmart to find the Wheat Thin flavors I love! They really have a great selection and you can find them right down the "Crackers" aisle!
It's not hard at all to make this impressive Halloween themed party dip! The first thing you do is make the dip, since it will need to refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. You will mix the cream cheese, sour cream and milk with an electric mixer until smooth, then mix in the rest of the ingredients and pop into the fridge.
Next, you will prep the cauliflower "brain" by removing the leaves on the stem side and carefully hollowing out just a bit of the stem to form a very shallow ""bowl." Be careful not to cut too deep, as the florets will fall apart. You don't need much of bowl area, because the dip is so thick. You can place the "brain" bowl into a shallow bowl for stability. (I even cut off a a little on the bottom to make a flat area for the "brain" bowl to rest on.
Once the dip has been in the fridge for about 30 minutes, you can fill the "brain" bowl with dip. For an added creepy effect, paint "arteries" on the "brain" bowl with red piping gel. Serve with Spicy Buffalo Wheat Thins for a flavor sensation!
If you like blue cheese and bacon, you will love this dip. If you like creepy Halloween snacks, then you'll want to serve it in this fun "brain" bowl! You can even break apart the bowl and use it to eat the dip with! Or if you aren't into the "brain" bowl, it's great served in a traditional bowl as a dip too!
Don't miss the upcoming demo at Walmart featuring Fanta, Oreos, and Wheat Thins! The demo will take place the weekend of October 25th! Check HERE to find out if a store near you will be demonstrating these awesome products!
Are you brave enough to serve your dip in a brain? lol
Brainy Blue Cheese and Bacon Dip
"Brain" bowl inspired by Allrecipes
Blue cheese and bacon come together in this tangy dip that pairs perfectly with Spicy Buffalo Wheat Thins and is served in a "brain" bowl. Happy Halloween!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 TBS milk
- 2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 5 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup bacon crumbles (can be cooked bacon chopped or real bacon pieces sold in packages)
- 1 TBS snipped fresh chives (more for garnish if desired)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- red piping gel, if desired
- In large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream and milk with electric mixer. Mix until smooth.
- Mix in Worcestershire sauce, blue cheese, bacon, 1 TBS snipped chives, salt, pepper, garlic powder and finely chopped onion.
- Put mixture into refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow for the flavors to meld.
- Take the whole cauliflower, and with a small, sharp paring knife, remove the outer leaves and most of the stem. Cut a shallow cup into the stem and around the edges of the stem, being careful not to dislodge the florets. The depression does not need to be deep. The dip is thick and will sit nicely on top of the cauliflower "brain" bowl.
- Place cauliflower in shallow bowl with cut side up. Spoon dip onto cauliflower in the area cut out. Fill to desired amount. Top with additional snipped chives and bacon pieces, if desired. Draw "arteries" with red piping gel, if desired. Serve with Spicy Buffalo Wheat Thins, Original Wheat Thins, and/or celery sticks.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 45 mins.
Tags: dip, Halloween, blue cheese, bacon, wheat thins, buffalo, cheese, snack
If you like this, you might like these other fun Halloween themed ideas!
|Candy Bar Pudding Cup Smoothie|
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!